Big news! I received my first ever blog award! I was given it by the lovely Rachel who is so cute and sweet. Reading her stuff is like a daily dose of sugar. She’s getting married soon, so any of you who are looking for wedding ideas head on over and check her out because really, you won’t be finding ANYTHING wedding related here! Not that I am anti-wedding or anything but I am still a girl without bling!
Anyway, this is the award -
And apparently I have to list 10 honest things about myself (that are interesting – this might be difficult) and pass the award on to seven bloggers that I feel embody the spirit of the honest scrap, so here we go!
- I am a chronic list maker. Every morning at work I make a list of everything I’ve got going on, that way nothing gets missed. When I go away, I make lists of clothing and toiletries to pack. I constantly draft up wedding guest lists and once again, how pathetic am I because I’m not even engaged! I CANNOT enter the grocery store without a list. I end up with the most random stuff – jelly beans, chicken and organic shampoo.
- When I was four years old I told my mom I wanted to play hockey. She said okay and went up to the arena to sign me up. She came home with figure skates. Nice. I did skate for 14 years though so I guess it worked out.
- I gave up figure skating to play a contact sport. I even played varsity in university.
- I work with all men in a VERY male dominated field. This has only ever bothered me once.
- It bothered me when I got angry when someone had not provided me with paperwork that I needed (for the third time) and he showed up at my office and said, “I’ve been bad, do I get a spanking?”.
- Alex and I both travel for work so we only see each other on the weekends. We’ve been doing this for almost four years and will probably stay this way for another four.
- The pinky toe on my right foot is shorter than the one on my left. I cut off my toe when I was 7 years old and when they reattached it they had to overlap the skin and that made it shorter.
- I went to university to get book smarts and then went to college to get hands-on experience. My job is in no way related to either of those things.
- I have a huge extended family. For family dinners we have to rent a banquet hall. I can remember not being able to even get into my grandparent’s living room at Christmas because there were so many gifts for everyone under the tree.
- When Alex and I met I became the other woman. When we started officially dating I was terrified I wouldn’t be able to trust him because of it. I’ve never trusted someone more.
Onto the nominations!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .